Tuesday, 15 July 2008
Dulbin (trip one) with Tanya
Where did I find myself this weekend? Let me give you some clues ... It rains a lot It's green there There are men who dance around rainbows with hats and stripy tights and buckles on their shoes looking for the pot of gold Yip ... that's right ... I stood on Irish soil for the first time ever in Dublin! Dublin has never been at the top of my list of places to see but I was surprised by it! It's fantastic there! There is this huge needle looking thing that is pointing up in the air in the middle of the road and then all down the middle of the road there are all sorts of statues and things dedicated to famous Dubliners/Irish folk The river is not like the Thames or like Vistula here in Krakow - it's quite narrow and looking down it you can see all sorts of beautiful old buildings! And all sorts of graceful bridges to cross! I had some aims to see and do in Dublin (like always!) I wanted to see the book of Kells, go to Trinity College, go to Dublin Castle and St Patrick's Cathedral and as Dublin is small I could see these all in one day! I also wanted to try some Guiness - and after trying I don't know why I did! There were heaps and heaps of tourists (mainly Italian) everywhere in Dublin ... and heaps and heaps of stag and hen's parties - and I thought I had left them all behind in Krakow! It was not particulary nice weather all weekend in Dublin which was slightly frustrating! And nothing interesting is open in Dublin on a Sunday apart from Dublinia. Dublinia is cool - it's kind of like Jorvick in York, and it has some great things to do like I pretended I was a shackled slave and also a warrior wearing mail and helmet (very heavy by the way!) The shopping and cafe scene is quite good too in Dublin - more the shopping. But there are heaps of places to get a drink when you need one! I kind of felt sorry for Tanya because I was quiet tired and didn't want a late night on Saturday night - plus my bed was sooooooooooooooo comfortable that I didn't want to leave it! We didn't even make it to the bar that everyone recommends inside the church!! But then again - it's always good to leave something for next time! Well that was about my exciting time in Dublin .... now it's back to work here in Krakow .... I just introduced our Polish staff to Pineapple lumps and it was quite amusing watching them try them!! They are not so much of a hit as the Irish toffees were!! Apart from working for the next month or so in Krakow nothing much is happening in the world of Kylie! Hope you're all well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment